Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Zoo Parade!







Well, it's been forever since I've updated. I've decided to try and do an updated blog post once a month... just so everyone can see what we've been up to.

Cameron is finally finished with his first year of med school! Can I get an AMEN? :) He is enjoying being out for a few weeks, and we've been soaking up every minute with him!

Lately, Madilyn has really been showing a preference for her daddy, which I just love. It's so precious to see the special love that a father and daughter can share for each other... unlike any other love. Very sweet! Everything has been, "I wanna hold Daddy's hand." "Mommy, you stay there. I wanna go with Daddy." "No, Mommy. It's Daddy's turn to get me outta my carseat!"

This morning we went to the Zoo Parade, thanks to my friend Allison who let me in on this info. I thought it would be lots of animals parading, but it wasn't. It was mostly the Shriners Temple guys riding around on all of their toys that make REALLY LOUD noises mixed in with a few animals. Nevertheless, Madilyn got some candy and waved at everyone who went by. The tootsie rolls were her favorite! She loved it! After she woke up from her nap this afternoon, she said, "Mommy, can we go to my parade now?"

Life is so blessed living with my sweet little family. I feel so honored and loved by God to have such an amazing husband and a precious little daughter. I just feel like taking a deep breath and saying, "Ahhhhhhhhh..."


Take time today to remember the blessings in your life...(another one of my blessings today was abundant sunshine!). God is faithful. His Word is true. He is LOVE and He loves you!

1 comment:

Stephanie Read said...

That looks so fun. We'll definitely have to go next year. You blog is so cute. I'll have to show Pierce. He'll love seeing pictures of Madilyn.