Thursday, June 7, 2012

Adjusting

Well, Cameron took Step 1 of the COMLEX this week, and he started his first week of rotations! He's doing Internal Medicine at Millcreek, and so far he is enjoying it. It's a fairly easy rotation in that he only has to report at 7 am and stay until 4, but they have such few patients right now he might alternate hours from 3 pm to 11 pm some weeks. Either way, it's not too bad. We have heard rumors of other med students having to work 4:45 am to 7 pm each day, so we are definitely not complaining. Still, it is an adjustment. If Madilyn sleeps past 6:45 am, she doesn't see Cameron until after 4, and that is hard for us. I know most families are used to this, but we are used to having Daddy home for all three meals and for playtime in the evenings. Granted, he was studying his rear off in the basement, but still. It's an adjustment.I am not that good with change naturally, so I somehow feel God planned a life of change for me. Not to be mean, but to "sand down my rough edges," to help me to be more like Jesus and to rely on God for my strength. Isn't that really what the point of this life is? To be children of God and to bring others to know Him? How will they know Him unless they see Him in us?
I hope I learn to love change and embrace it at every turn. Jesus, help me to find my security in You.
"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1

No comments: