Friday, June 22, 2012

The Summertime Blues

Well, I'm not really blue...but it has been a weird start to summer. Our car is in the shop. Granted, it's being fixed, but we've been without a car for two weeks and I just heard from our mechanic--it'll probably be another week! Ahh! :D I'm dying. Just kidding.
Isn't it funny how I can think of a million things I could do if I had a car, only because I don't have a car. In reality, we are totally fine. We are more than taken care of. I've gotten a lot done around the house--lots organized, lots cleaned out, lots of care for my beloved fruit plants in the backyard...but I want to go to the zoo and the library and the beach and the grocery store and Hobby Lobby...ya know what I mean?
Anyway, as I was cleaning out another bag of trash from the basement (from the pile of things we haven't used in the two years we've been here), I realize how blessed we really are. We have more clothes and things in our home than we could ever use. And, we are all healthy and alive. Are there any blessings any bigger than those? God is so faithful to us, and we will continue to have fun creatively at home until our vehicle is repaired. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: