Thursday, June 27, 2013

Never Once Have We Ever Walked Alone...

This Sunday, Madilyn and I went to church on our own because Cameron was studying for Step 2 of his board exams. This is very atypical. We have gone one other time without him since living here. It didn't really bother me. I was excited to attend Grace Church and worship and hear the Word.
It all sounds good and well until it actually happens.
Worship starts and here comes the song. THE SONG. The song that I have cried to a number of times in my house over the past 2 years. The song who's words carried me through infertility, loneliness and all of the uncertainty that comes with this season of our lives.

The song says:
"Standing on this mountaintop
Seeing just how far we've come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battleground
Seeing just how much You've done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful
God, You are faithful

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore, we'll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful
God, You are faithful

This song starts up, and y'all, I was a mess! Standing there in church, all by myself, I probably had the strangest look on my face. I couldn't sing. I couldn't smile. I couldn't look up. I knew I was about to lose it.
All I could do was remember all that God has brought us through. Here we are, Cameron staring down his final board exam until after graduation. Here we are, pregnant with our second child. Here we are, not knowing where we will be in the next year. Here we are. Right here. Right now. No clue what lies ahead, but held within the perfect, loving arms of our Heavenly Father. He had brought us through so much. It's been a process. Wow.
I found a note this week that I had written to Cameron while we still lived in Canyon, TX. He had been accepted to LECOM, and I wrote down the words from the book of Ruth: "Wherever you go, I will follow." Followed by, "I'm so excited for this new adventure that lies ahead of us." Oh. My. What an adventure it has been!
We are on the heels of the final year of medical school. I cannot believe we are at this place in Cameron's education. He has worked so diligently and has come so far. I couldn't be more proud of my hard-working husband! What a crazy, fun adventure our lives have become. I can't wait to see what's next.

No comments: