Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day yesterday. First off, Cameron bought me a box of chocolates, which I love! I like trying every one of them! So, I asked him to get me a small box. Well, he got me a box, but it's a little bigger than I wish. I say this because I know I will eat the whole box...won't take me very long. I have such a weakness when it comes to yummy chocolate with assorted fillings. So, at least I only get a box of chocolates once a year...otherwise my jeans would not fit, I'm sure!

Madilyn made her daddy a card, with my help of course. It made his day. :0) He's such a great daddy! Then, Madilyn decided (LOL) that we needed to make Daddy his favorite cookies, so we baked heart shaped sugar cookies. They turned out delicious! I didn't have a recipe for them, so I went to allrecipes.com and found an excellent one! This is definitely a recipe I will use for Valentine's Days in the future.
Ahhhhhh...the day of love! LOL No, really, we decided to not take a date night on Valentine's Day because it's NOT romantic at all!!! There are always thousands of people rushing around town, crowding restaurants, and standing in lines for movies all at the same time...and the majority of this crowd are teenagers who can't keep their hands off of each other. Yuck. We decided to go on a date on Friday night instead. Say what you will, but I think it's more romantic when you are with the one you love...not with the whole city!

2 comments:

Amity said...

Awww...Madilyn cooking sugar cooking for Daddy! SO CUTE! They look delish, btw. Have fun eating your chocolate!! :)

katy said...

I totally agree with you on sharing V-Day with everyone else! Especially if you're a people watcher! I have trouble as it is not watching other people enter and eat and leave restaurants when it's a normal date night! And when you add in 15,000 more people...

We went to an EARLY movie (still crowded, but with the older crowd, so it was bearable), and then a romantic Italian dinner at... Fazoli's. It was truly a winner!