Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Still There...



The beach, that is. It's still there. I kinda wondered if I would ever see it again after all the winter we had this year. I didn't go out there during the snow. I didn't really want to see my beautiful beach/lake frozen and iced over. I guess it was part of my denial that really the whole place was the tundra for month after month.
But, rest assured. It's back! We love going to Presque Isle ("almost an island" in French) and enjoying the beach. Yesterday, we even visited a new restaurant that is located by the beach... Sara's! Let me tell you ...I haven't had any onion rings since we've moved, but that was remedied yesterday. Yummy. We had footlong hotdogs, homemade onion rings and french fries. And a Cherry Coke to drink. So delicious!
I love our beach. I love Lake Erie. I love living in Erie, PA in the summertime. It seriously feels like I'm on a really long vacation. So, we'll soak it up all we can and enjoy the warmth until the snow comes again.
"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under Heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

Christie Lee said...

We love Sara's! We like to go every week during the summer to get an ice cream cone! Summers in erie really are the best. So many festivalsand live music! Love your blog

Amity said...

Love this!! How neat. Can't wait to see you SOON!