Saturday, October 1, 2011

Already October???

Man, time flies! I can't believe it's already the first day of October...and boy did it feel like it! Today was COLD with drizzly rain and wind. Yuck. The perfect day for another indoor activity. Thankfully, Stephanie called and invited us to go to the FREE kid's workshop at Home Depot. Apparently they offer these once or twice a month. The kids get a cute little orange apron with a new pin to put on their apron (they collect a new pin to add to their apron each time they attend). Today we got to make a rescue helicopter. Madilyn keeps calling it an airplane...but whatever. Close enough, right? :) So, we hammered, glued and put stickers on our helicopter.
Then, after we finished, the kids had refreshments. Gotta refuel after hard manual labor like building helicopters. I love these faces...patiently waiting for the yummy food! There were cookies and popcorn, but guess what they went for...
Popcorn!!! I think they loved their popcorn and lemonade just as much as they loved using hammers and glue. What do you think?
P.S. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it even more than Madilyn. I can't get over how CUTE she looks in that apron!

No comments: