Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Erie County Farms

Well, I have decided to start updating my family and friends on a few little special things about living in Erie, since most people won't be able to come visit while we are here. A major part of our lives in Erie is being thrifty or frugal...mostly because we are living off of student loans :) A great place we've found is called Erie County Farms, thanks to my sweet friend Megan.
Now, I know what you're thinking. It's what I was thinking, too, when I heard the name for the first time, but it's not a farmers market. It's actually inside an old grocery store...like an old Walmart or something. But the deals that come along with this crazy place are AMAZING! We go and get super fresh produce and meat in bulk packages! :) Who doesn't love a ton of meat?
I love Erie County Farms days because our freezer and our refrigerator are stocked FULL. And, there's something about having a full refrigerator and freezer that makes this mommy feel super blessed and provided for. (Thanks be to God for all of His provision!) Seriously, there is some good food at ECF. How good? So good that my 10 lb. bag of potatoes goes all month without sprouting and going bad. So good that my large bag of spinach is still crispy and fresh for 4 weeks...I rarely ever throw away produce from ECF. It's super fresh and delicious! Yummy!
Some of the deals we've found are:
10 lb. bag potatoes for $1.99.
3 lb. bag of onions .99
coffee creamer .99
big bag of baby carrots .99
hamburger meat $1.79 lb.
boneless skinless chicken breasts $1.19 lb.
Madilyn calls it "County Farm" and she wants to go there all of the time...probably because I give her "dum dums" because I want her to sit quietly while I navigate through the madness. It is literally basket-to-basket lines of people pushing and shoving through the aisles to get the best deals.
If you ever come and want to go, let me know. I only have the patience to go once a month...but I'll do it for you if you want to :)

2 comments:

megs92 said...

Aww, this post made me homesick for ECF (and for you, too!). Another thing I love about that place is that their chicken is antibiotic-free. Less junk for less cost - can't beat that :) Enjoy your yummy buys!

Ashley said...

I love ECF and I really love you! Can't wait to talk and catch up! :)