Friday, January 13, 2012

The BIG 3-0

Yes, I'm turning 30 in two days. I know I don't look that old (wink, wink), but I really am about to cross over to the 30-something category. There are plenty of things that have happened in my life to bring me to this place, but some of these things have really surprised me:
1. I am okay with turning 30! I'm thankful to be alive!
2. I don't dress like a 19 year old anymore...and I'm happy about it.
3. I like who I am more now than I did when I was 15, 20, and 25.
4. I feel confident in (most of) my decisions.
5. I've learned what it is to live off of next to nothing.
6. I'm okay with my hand-me-down clothes and my bargain groceries.
7. I love being home with Madilyn (literally just being home).
8. I'd rather skip a hair cut if it means I can have a sit down dinner date with Cameron.
9. I should've paid more attention in history classes because that stuff really is important.
10. Home is where Cameron and Madilyn are...even if it's a 22 hour drive from all that is familiar.

I am happy to be turning 30. I love what God has done in my life. There has been so much He has brought me through, and there have been so many blessings along the way. He is a FAITHFUL friend and a loving, just God.

A song that has spoken volumes to me in the recent years is by Nichole Nordeman, called "I AM" and here are the lyrics:

Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed.
You watched my team win, and watched my team lose
Watched when my bicycle went down again
When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Elbow Healer, Superhero, come if you can
You said, I Am

Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10 pm?
You saw my mistakes and watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again
When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, be my best friend
You said, I Am

You saw me wear white by pale candlelight
I said 'forever' to what lies ahead
Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
Too much it might seem when it is 2 am.
When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
Oh, Shepherd Savior, Pasture Maker, hold on to my hand
You said, I Am

The winds of change and circumstance
Blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that's familiar
And bless the moments that we feel you nearer

When life had begun I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne
Who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home
I will be weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End
I Am, I Am

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The invite works - Thanks! I enjoyed catching up! Love ya!

Sarah said...

And don't forget to check out mine at http://itsjustme.wordpress.com/. In my book reviews I actually get to give some books away! Tiffany has already won two books this year!! :)