Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It happened...

And, just like that I'm "30." I have to admit that the night before my birthday (my last day in my 20's), I did shed a few tears. Life just seems to be flying by. The days are going much faster and I don't know that I'm exactly where I thought I would be at 30. I'm not sure where I really wanted to be at 30, but at an age like this, it makes you stop and reflect on your life...
Am I the person I want to be?
Have I done anything significant up to this point?
What's in line for the future?
Am I making healthy choices?
I mean, I'm probably close to 1/3 done with my life on earth. It really puts things into perspective. Life is so short. So, I am going at this year with a new plan. Usually, I make resolutions (in the spirit of New Years and my birthday), but this year it's this:
"The Lord is compassionate and gracious. Slow to anger, abounding in love." Psalm 103:8
I want to be more like God, more like Jesus, more like the Holy Spirit. More like them. More like HIM. I want to be slower to get angry and full of more love than ever before. Afterall, the world needs to see HIM, and at the end of my life, if I've shown HIM, then I've accomplished all that I was purposed to do.
I'm so thankful that:
" '...My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
With Christ, I can do all things. With Christ, even my weaknesses can be turned to strengths. I have a lot to look forward to in the coming years with HIM inside of me.
For my birthday, we played in the snow as a family, and I didn't have to cook or do any dishes...which is a HUGE blessing to me since we don't have a dishwasher! :) Sometimes, I feel like I've spent all day in the kitchen!
Then, last night, my MedWives Girls Group friends took me out for appetizers and desserts at a great little train station restaurant. So fun!
So far, 30 is looking pretty great!

No comments: