Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Field Trips

Oh, the glorious Field Trips. Today, we went to Palo Duro Canyon. One of my students asked the Park Ranger if she could catch a prairie dog and keep it. He said NO and so did I! :0) Then, we found out prairie dogs don't live in the Canyon...they live on the prairie. Duh, right?

Then, the Park Ranger proceeded to tell us to watch for Rattlesnakes and wild pigs. He said that the wild pigs would charge you if they saw you...and that if they caught you, they would proceed to eat you. Thanks a lot, Park Ranger! All I had was a group of 11 third graders and a tube of sunscreen. I guess I could've tried to aim for the pigs' eyes, right?

Then, we cooked hot dogs. The greatest comment of the day? "Will you tell that guy to cook my hot dog medium rare?" Oh, goodness!

It's time for summer! LOL

No comments: